You have repetitive workflows on PlusPlus that you would like to automate away.
Take advantage of our rules, which we can run automatically as part of our People Integration, to:
These rules are not yet offered as a self-serve UI, so you will need to work with you Customer Success Manager (CSM) to have them configured and maintained.
- Request the Automated Rules spreadsheet template from your CSM.
- Create a new Automated Rules spreadsheet from this template, outlining your rules. See below about the rule structure. Feel free to engage your CSM for assistance if anything is unclear.
- Share the completed spreadsheet with your CSM, who will validate it with our engineering team, and may follow up with you for clarification.
- Wait for the rules to be implemented and verified, which may take up to two weeks.
Each rule is composed of three parts:
While the Conditions are universal (and explained below), Actions and Parameters are rule-dependent. Please follow the links above to learn more about your options.
A condition is a statement that compares a user property against some value.
- The user property can be anything that's available to us at the time of the People Integration, such as their title, department, location, tenure, groups, enrolled events, enrolled event types, including any custom attributes, like cost center, business unit, etc.
- The comparison can be anything that we can express logically, such as: is, is not, is one of, is not one of, contains, does not contain, include, do not include, is less than, is greater than, etc.
- The value can be any text string, number, date, or a list of such values.
Examples of conditions:
locationis one of "Boston", "New York", "London"
titlecontains "Software Engineer"
titledoes not contain "Intern"
departmentis not "QA"
tenureis less than 30 days
enrolled eventsinclude 1234 (ID of the event)
completed event typesinclude 5678 (ID of the event type)
cost centeris "1234 - Research & Development"
These conditions can be combined using AND, OR, and NOT statements. For example:
titlecontains "Manager" AND User
tenureis less than 14 days
locationis "San Francisco" OR User
groupsinclude "Remote Employees"
- Since these rules run as part of People Integration, they are evaluated at most once per day.
- The rules can take into account any employee data available at the time of people integration sync - so both PlusPlus data as well as data supplied by your HRIS data source.