You want to set up rules that automatically manage some of your groups, including memberships, so that you don't have to manage these manually.
Set up a set of automated rules to automatically mange your groups.
- Read Automated Rules to understand the workflow for creating your rules and learn about rule conditions.
- See the discussion below outlining group management rule actions and parameters.
For group management, there are two possible Actions:
- Add to Group. If a group does not already exist, it is automatically created.
- Remove From Group. If the group does not already exist, it is ignored.
Both of these actions take one required Parameter:
- Group Name. The name of the group to/from which to add/remove the user, based on the Action above.
- Condition: User
locationis one of "Seattle", "Portland", "San Francisco"
- Action: Add to Group
- Parameter: Group Name ("West Coast Employees")
- The groups created through the integration are public and, initially, have no owner.
- These groups aren’t editable through the PlusPlus Dashboards. The only way to edit members is through the external data source.