Use our CSV over SFTP for people integration. This option allows you/your team to set up a daily job to export your people data in the CSV format (described below) and securely upload it to PlusPlus over SFTP.
This approach requires several steps:
- Contact your Customer Success Manager to request the CSV over SFTP option, as this is currently not offered as a self-serve admin action.
- Unless you are doing this yourself, introduce your Customer Success Manager to the team/person configuring this on your end.
- Your Customer Success Manager will securely provide you/your team with the connection information and access credentials to our SFTP repository. Note, we support username/password as well as key-based authentication methods, so we will need to know your preference.
- You/your team will create a daily automated job that will export your employee details from your HRIS system into a single CSV file. This job will then upload this file to our SFTP repository with the supplied credentials, while using the following naming convention:
- Our team will ensure that we pick up this file on daily basis and load the employee data into our platform.
CSV File Format
The CSV file format MUST satisfy the following requirements:
- The file MUST include a header row with the following column names: "Full Name", "Email", "Employee ID", "Department", "Title", "Hire Date", "Manager’s email", "Picture URL", "Location", and "Termination Date".
- The following fields are optional, and MAY be left empty: "Employee ID", "Picture URL", "Hire Date", "Termination Date", "Department", "Title", "Location", and "Manager’s email"
- Additional columns MAY be added to the right of the required ones. The data in these columns will not be stored in the user profile, but could be used to as input to any rules you define for automated group assignments, track assignments, and event enrollments.
- All values SHOULD be quoted using the double quotes (") character.
- All columns MUST be separated using the comma (",") character.
- Where necessary, data MUST be escaped using the backslash ("\") character.
- All rows MUST be separated using the the carriage-return followed by the line-feed characters ("\r\n").