You want to set up rules that automatically enroll people into some of your events (e.g. for onboarding), so that you don't have to perform these enrollments manually.
Set up a set of automated rules to automatically enroll people in your events.
- Read Automated Rules to understand the workflow for creating your rules and learn about rule conditions.
- See the discussion below outlining event enrollment rule actions and parameters.
For event enrollment, there are two possible actions:
- Enroll for an Event Type. Enroll into an upcoming event of a given type.
- Enroll for a Track. Enroll into an upcoming event for each event type within a given track.
These actions take one of the two required parameters (depending on the action):
- Event Type ID. The ID of the event type with the upcoming events to enroll in.
- Track ID. The ID of the track with upcoming events to enroll in.
The actions can also take any of the following optional parameters:
- Time Offset. Only consider events after this time offset (delay) relative to when the rule is evaluated.
- Event Count Offset. Only consider events after skipping this many upcoming events.
- Increase Capacity If Full. If the chosen event is full, automatically increase the event capacity in order to accommodate this additional enrollment.
- Next Event If Full. If the chosen event is full, look for the soonest following event with enough capacity. If there is no such event, do nothing. This parameter can be combined with Waitlist If Full to also consider the waitlist capacity before trying the next event.
- Waitlist If Full. If the chosen event is full, attempt to wait list the user. If the waitlist is also full, do nothing, unless combined with the Next Event If Full parameter (see above).