You are onboarding onto PlusPlus, and you want to integrate with you HRIS/identity-management solution so that you can load your employee data into our platform.
Select one* of the three possible solutions:
- People Integration: Direct API (e.g. Workday and UKG Pro):
- People Integration: CSV over SFTP
- People Integration: SCIM (e.g. Okta and OneLogin)
* Note, the SCIM-based solution could also be combined with the other two.
All three integration options support provisioning, de-provisioning, and updating users, however they do have some important differences:
We fetch from you
You push to us
You push to us
Once a day
Once a day
We expect to receive the following data for each employee record:
Full name of the employee. Required.
Primary email of the employee. Required.
URL pointing to the employee’s profile picture. Optional.
Employee identifier as it exists in your HRIS / People Management System. Optional.
Date (YYYY-MM-DD) when the employee joined the company. Optional.
Date (YYYY-MM-DD) when the employee left the company. This triggers de-provisioning. Optional.
The name of the department that the employee is associated with. Optional.
Employee's job title. Optional.
The logical name of employee's physical location. It must match one of the previously configured location names, or this property will be left blank. Optional.
Primary email of the employee’s manager. Optional.
While only the Full Name and Email Address fields are required, providing the rest of the employee information has certain benefits:
- People are more likely to engage on PlusPlus if they are able to see each others' photos, titles, departments, and locations.
- Organizers can get more meaningful insights on PlusPlus activities if they are able to filter/aggregate reports based on the employee data.
- You can write automated rules that make use the employee data to manage groups, enroll people into events, or assign them to tracks. In fact, our rules can also match on any custom fields your people integration provides to us (e.g. cost center, business unit, etc.), though we don't durably store any such information with our user records.
Users deprovisioned through the people integration will immediately lose access to the system, but these users will not be fully anonymized or removed from events and sessions straight away. A quarantine period can be configured via Settings > SSO & Security > Quarantine period before full deprovision. See How User Deprovisioning Works for more info.
Protecting Your Data
In order to protect your employee data, we ensure that:
- All communication is encrypted in transit end-to-end, including within our data centers.
- All data is encrypted at rest.