This article is best for event organizers. Too small? Click here.
Creating your first Event Type
1. Click the Menu icon on the top-right corner, and select + Add Event Type
2. In the Event Type creation page, start entering the info for your Event. Keep in mind that any events created from this type will share the same information by default (however, all fields can be changed per individual event).
Notes on the fields:
- At a minimum, you will need a Title.
- We also recommend that your Event Type also has the following info:
- Organizer: The person managing the event.
- Description: A short summary of the event, and notes about pre-requisites.
- Cover Art: see guidelines for 'How to upload cover art'
- Categories and Tags: To help your people in discovery, learn about 'How to optimize user experience with Categories and Tags.'
3. Save the Event type once all the information is entered.
We offer some additional options in creating Event Types in the following tabs:
Enrollment & Capacity
Your event may occur in-person, as an online stream, or both. At this tab, you can choose which options are available. If you select the Online option, we will automatically generate a Google Meet link and add it to the event. Please note: your admins may have disabled this option.
Additionally, your events may have a limit on the number of attendees. At this tab, you can specify the cap on attendees and the waitlist.
Learn more about 'How to separate online and local Enrollments for Events.'
It is also possible for you to restrict enrollments by preventing users to enroll in more than one upcoming event from this event type.
Learn more about 'How to prevent enrollment in multiple upcoming events per event type.'
Additional Enrollment Instructions
You may wish to send your attendees additional instruction on work to complete before the event, and you may want your attendees to also check in on an external site. At this tab, you can indicate this information, and your attendees will be informed through our automated notification system.
Additionally, there is a field where you can enter a link to an external survey for attendees to complete after the event.
This section is where you can designate privacy and group restrictions to control access to the event type. Learn more about 'How to limit access with Privacy and Groups.'
Here you can attach up to three surveys to your event type. Attendees of these events will receive reminders about these surveys at times that you designate.
Your admins can work with us to create new surveys. Learn more about 'How to create surveys.'